Police Arrest Thugs Who Set Cars Ablaze In Abuja

The protesters have been clamouring for an end to police brutality.

The Minister of Federal Capital Territory Administration ( FCT ), Muhammad Bello, said security operatives had arrested some hoodlums who infiltrated the #ENDSARS protesters camp.

The protesters have been clamouring for an end to police brutality.

The minister disclosed this during an on-the-spot assessment of Apo and Dutse Alhaji areas where some residents were killed and properties vandalised.

The Minister said the FCT Police Command had already arrested arrowheads of the violent protests, adding that security agents were still making efforts to arrest more culprits.

He called on community leaders and heads of market associations to fish out those who participated in the violent protests,

He said, “As I speak, arrests have been made. The FCT Police Commissioner has informed me. Those who participated and carried out the attacks will face the wrath of the law. We will ensure that it is done.

On plans to compensate those whose cars, houses and businesses were destroyed, the Minister said a committee had been set up to entertain complaints.

He added that compensations would be paid to those who have genuine cases.

It will be recalled that cars were burnt, houses razed and about six persons were confirmed dead in the mayhem in Apo and Dutse area of the territory.

#EndSARS: Day of rage, deaths in Edo, Lagos, Abuja, Ekiti, others

•20 shot dead, protesters break into prisons, free inmates •Torch police stations, patrol van, destroy high court building •Edo declares 24-hour curfew

#EndSARS: Day of rage, deaths in  Edo, Lagos, Abuja, Ekiti, others

Tony Osauzo, Ighomuaye Lucky, Benin, Romanus Ugwu and Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye,

There was pandemonium  across the country, yesterday as the 13-day-old demonstration against police brutality took a violent twist.

The #EndSARS protest started on October 8 with protesters taking to the streets in different parts of the country, calling for a reform of the Police force and disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) for alleged brutality on citizens.

In Benin City, the Edo State capital, it was a day of rage, blood and death as hoodlums stormed two prisons, set free inmates including 120 condemned criminals at the Oko Correctional facility.

In the process, at least nine inmates were reportedly killed while trying to escape, just as others escaped with gunshot injuries.

Four people were also reportedly shot dead in Auchi, Etsako West Local Government Area. The protesters were said to have beaten up a military man, forcing soldiers to react leading to the killings.

This came as two persons were feared killed when hoodlums broke into the Benin Prison along Sapele road and freed several inmates in one of the cells.

The casualty was said to have been recorded at Oko Prison when armed squad of prison officials engaged the hoodlums in gun fire. According to sources, immediately after the attack on Benin Prison along Sapele road, security was alerted in Oko but calls to the Army and the Police for reinforcement were not heeded hence the ease with which the  hoodlums overpowered the prison guards.

“They came in their thousands and their mission was to free inmates. They have been communicating with the inmates because even before they broke into the facility, the inmates were already rioting inside the place,” a prison source said.

The hoodlums were also said to have torched no fewer than five police stations and vandalised the High Court 4 beside the prison.

They were said to have started gathering along Sapele Road beside the prison as early as 7 am setting bonfires and turning back motorists and other road users.

They launched their attack when their number had increased considerably, broke a part of the wall while some climbed the fence into the prison yard. Some of the inmates escaped with gunshots while an elderly man was recaptured.

2 feared killed, others injured in cult clash in Edo

No fewer than two persons were killed in a rival cult clash that followed the protest in another party of the city.

A source, however, said the figure could be higher as the clash spread  from Okhoro area to Medical Store Road, Eweka and Upper Mission and its environs.

The rival cult groups, Aiye and Eiye, had taken advantage of the protest to settle scores.

Several others were said to have also sustained gunshot injuries of varying degrees in the shootings.

“I can confirm to you that one of those injured, a young man, was rushed to the clinic along Okhoro road, close to Oransaye junction.

“We can only pray and hope that the curfew declared by the government will calm the warring cult groups home,” the source said.

3 dead, many injured in Abuja

At least two persons died at the Mobile Barracks entrance road to Kuje Area Council, FCT, Abuja.

The peaceful protest which started in the early hours degenerated into bloody scene around 4pm when boys suspected to be Fulani stormed the venue of the protest in three buses with all manners of weapon and attacked the participants.

The protesters had in retaliation fought back and within 20 minutes, both camp lost one person each while several others sustained various degrees of injuries before the police and detachment of the military intervened.

However, instead of normalcy returning, tension heightened again when the protesters narrowly lynched another Fulani boy, forcing the police to fire teargas.

In another development, one person was feared killed and a vehicle torched as soldiers, police personnel and a ProSARS clashed with #EndSARS group.

The deceased, Anthony Onome Unuode, was said to have died from multiple injuries he sustained during the protest that was believed to have been hijacked by hoodlums in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The #EndSARS protest took a different dimension with the emergence of the PROSARS protesters who clashed with #EndSARS protesters at the Central Business District, where they had gathered.

While urging protesters to be law-abiding, remain peaceful in their conduct and shun all forms of violence, Commissioner of Police FCT, CP. Bala Ciroma, reassured residents of his unflinching commitment to the protection of lives and property.

5 police stations attacked, suspects freed

The Edo Police command has confirmed attacks on its facilities at Oba Market, Idogbo and other areas.

A statement on its official Twitter page said they carted away arms and ammunition and freed suspects in custody.

The tweet read: “@policeNG regrettably confirms the unfortunate attacks on police facilities – Ugbekun Police Station, Oba Market Police Station and Idogbo Police Post by persons posing as #ENDSARS protesters in Benin, Edo State, today, Monday, 19th October, 2020.

“The extent of damage cannot be ascertained at the moment but report indicates that the protesters carted away arms and ammunition from the armoury and freed the suspects in custody before setting some of the facilities ablaze.

“The Force is doing everything possible at the moment to bring the situation under control, protect lives of innocent citizens and prevent further attacks on any other critical infrastructure in the state.”

The hoodlums also reportedly torched the St. Saviour’s and Textile Mill road police stations.

Edo declares 24-hour curfew, sets up 12-man Judicial Panel of Inquiry

Following the violence, Edo Government has imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state till further notice.

A statement by Osarodion Ogie, Secretary to the State Government, said the decision became necessary because of the disturbing incidents of vandalism and attacks on private individuals and institutions by hoodlums in the guise of #ENDSARS protesters.

“While the government of Edo State respects the rights of its citizens to undertake legitimate protests, it cannot sit idly when hoodlums have taken laws into their hands to cause mayhem on innocent citizens and the state.

“By the directive, schools and businesses are to shut down activities accordingly. Those who cannot move safely are to stay put between now and 4pm till calmness is restored.

“Parents are advised to rein in their children, youths and wards, to forestall further breakdown of law and order.

“The responsibility of government is to protect lives and property and maintain law and order, therefore, anyone found outside in violation of the curfew would be dealt with according to the law.”

The government also announced the setting up a 12-man Judicial Panel of Inquiry into circumstances surrounding the #EndSARS protests in the state.

Mr Ogie disclosed in a statement that the panel has 90 days to complete the assignment.

The panel is chaired by Hon. Justice Ada Ehigiamusoe, while Mrs. Joyce Ugbodaga is the Secretary to the Committee.

Hours After Mc Oluomo was accused of Sponsoring Thugs in Alausa, See what he said that got reactions

This morning, some group of Protesters in Alausa Lagos State were attacked by some thugs, who chased them with cutlasses, sticks and other dangerous weapons. Some group of the Protesters were said to have camped there, and they were waiting for others to come and join them, so they could continue with the Protest.

Some Top celebrities and many other people accused the Lagos State NURTW Boss Mc Oluomo, to be the person behind the thugs.

They said that he was the one that sponsored those thugs, and that some people paid him money so he could use his boys to disrupt the Protest.

This Evening, Mc Oluomo has come out to publicly deny knowing anything about what happened in Alausa Lagos State. He made a shot video and explained that he knows nothing about it. In the video, he said that, if he knows anything about the attack on #EndSARS Protest that happened in Lagos today, let everything that he lays his hand on fall Apart.

Here is the video link, click here to watch

Now with this Video, the people will no longer point fingers at him. Prior to this video, many people accused him of sponsoring the thugs, but now when they all watch this Video, they will realise that, they wrongly accused him. Hopefully, the police will look into the situation at fish out the right persons.

Here are some Reactions from Twitter

Union Chairman Paid Us To Attack Abuja EndSARS Protesters – Apprehended Thug Reveals [VIDEO]

As Nigerians come to terms with the harsh reality of the ongoing EndSARS protest, one thing that was manifested today was the fact that some groups of people have been seriously affected by the protest.

It was like a scene from the movies when some armed anti-protesters thronged the streets of Abuja with a single aim of attacking the EndSARS protesters.

From the video shared this morning, the group advanced like an army and went straight for the parked cars at the venue of the protest at Berger area in Abuja.

They smashed windshields, car windows, head lamps and even went as far as denting the body of the cars.

The protesters would have it no more as they went back, regrouped and went for a head to head attack with the hoodlums, some were maimed and others were captured.

Some gory videos of some of the hoodlums were shared on social media and it showed the extent to which they were beaten and disfigured before they were handed to the police and taken to the hospital.

Just this evening, a video surfaced showing a young man who identified himself as Anasu Umar.

The man gave details of the attack and mentioned that it was the Jabi park union chairman whose name was given as Nasiru Gode, that sent them to commit the havoc.

He further added that in the ensuing melee, he lost his brother and others from the chaos that erupted.

This has attested to the fact that indeed, the EndSARS protest still needs to be explained to some people.

There are benefits to the protest apart from the calls to completely proscribe the SARS unit.

The police force is at the moment looking at several options which include a better salary/general welfare package for police officers thus anyone who is fighting the protest is doing more harm than good.

The police is yet to react to the revealing information and this is hoping if the information about the chairman is confirmed, he should be brought to book immediately.

WATCH VIDEO

See Reactions 👇

@ibysonmails

BREAKING: Thugs Chase Away Agents Of Other Political Parties From Polling Unit

The governor, who is on the queue, watched on as the thugs carried out the act.

hugs loyal to Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party are currently chasing away agents of other political parties from the polling unit where he is to vote.

A fight broke out at polling unit 19, ward 04, Oredo local government area of Edo, as the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, and his wife, Betsy, are set to vote.

It was learned that the incident occurred at Emokpae Model Primary School in Oredo Local Government Area of the state.

According to reports, supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) attacked each other shortly after the governor arrived at his polling unit for accreditation and voting.

Investigative reports show that trouble started after a PDP youth leader simply identified as Jimoh hit a supporter of another party.

The politician was said to have mistaken the observer for another party agent and challenged him for sitting on a seat meant for the electoral officials.

As a result, both men engaged in an altercation as other electorates at the venue watched. The situation was later brought under control following the intervention of the security agencies on the ground.

Representatives of the two leading political parties in the state traded words over who should be blamed for the incident.

Credit : SaharaReporters, New York